Scholarship Amount: $500
Deadline June 7, 2017
Scholarship recognizes public relations students of African-American/African/Black descent
- Scholarship is for students from the Philadelphia region (i.e. Philadelphia, New Jersey and Delaware)
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited college/university in the U.S. (undergrad or grad)
- Must major in Public Relations or a communications-related discipline
- Must meet the cumulative G.P.A. requirement of 3.0. *Must submit current official transcript with application
- If starting at a new school in Fall 2017 semester, please provide copy of acceptance letter.
- Must have at least one year of school remaining (at current school or new school starting in Fall 2017 semester)
- 500 word essay (may be shorter or longer) on why you are applying for the scholarship and why you feel that you should be selected. Feel free to include academic achievement, community involvement anything to make your application stronger.
· Be sure to include name, telephone number and email address in application. **Also please indicate whether or not you will be available to attend/accept acknowledgement at June 16 PBPRS conference 8 a.m. to noon in Philadelphia if selected as scholarship recipient.
Payment will be dispersed directly to the school, not to scholarship recipient in Fall 2017 semester.
Proof of Fall 2017 enrollment will be verified before funds will be released to school.
Mail application to:
Urban Affairs Coalition
Attn: Philadelphia Black Public Relations Society
c/o Lee Wall
1207 Chestnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19107
*Application must be received in office by June 5, 2017
**Scholarship winner will be acknowledged and presented with certificate at PBPRS #PowerPR Conference on June 16.